To apprise diabetologists, endocrinologists, consultants and equivalent specialists with the latest
advances in treatment and management of diabetes, and to deal more efficiently in day to day clinical
Recommended Target Audience:
- Diabetologists, Endocrinologists, Nephrologist Cardiologist, Internist, Neurologist, Ophthalmologist,
OBGYN, General surgeon, Orthopaedic surgeon, Consultants and equivalent.
- Introduction to diabetes mellitus: epidemiology and pathophysiology
- Diagnosis of diabetes and lifestyle modification
- Pharmacological management Part I ( SUs, AGIs and TZDs)
- Pharmacological management Part II (DPP4 inhibitors, GLP-1 receptor agonists and SGLT-2 inhibitors)
- Insulin Therapy: Initiation and Intensification
- Insulin Therapy: Practical Aspects and Newer Insulins
- Acute complication of diabetes
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular disease
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Diabetic neuropathy, wound healing and foot education
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM)
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in pregnancy
This online course is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). 1 European CME credit (ECMEC®) will be awarded for each hour of online learning.
Total European CME Credits Awarded : 13
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and the American Medical Association (AMA), physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme
Course Assessment and Award:
To be awarded with the ‘IDF Certificate of Achievement’ and an official ‘Transcript’,
participant needs to complete all the course modules and pass the Final Exam with a score of at least 80%.
||English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish
||Complete the course within 6 months from the date of enrolment.
||Each module will last approximately 60 minutes.