To apprise diabetologists, endocrinologists, consultants and equivalent specialists with the latest advances in treatment and management of diabetes, and to deal more efficiently in day to day clinical practise.
Recommended target audience:
Diabetologists, Endocrinologists, Nephrologist Cardiologist, Internist, Neurologist, Ophthalmologist, OBGYN, General surgeon, Orthopaedic surgeon, Consultants and equivalent.
- Introduction to diabetes mellitus: epidemiology and pathophysiology
- Diagnosis of diabetes and lifestyle modification
- Pharmacological management Part I ( SUs, AGIs and TZDs)
- Pharmacological management Part II (DPP4 inhibitors, GLP-1 receptor agonists and SGLT-2 inhibitors)
- Insulin Therapy: Initiation and Intensification
- Insulin Therapy: Practical Aspects and Newer Insulins
- Acute complication of diabetes
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular disease
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Diabetic neuropathy, wound healing and foot education
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM)
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in pregnancy
This online course is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). 1 European CME credit (ECMEC®) will be awarded for each hour of online learning.
Total European CME Credits Awarded : 13
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) and the American Medical Association (AMA), physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme
Course Assessment and Award::
To be awarded with the ‘IDF Certificate of Achievement’ and a ‘transcript’, participant needs to complete all the course modules and pass the Final Exam with a score of at least 80%.
||English, Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish
||Complete the course within 6 months from the date of enrolment.
||Each module will last approximately 60 minutes.